Have your say over changes to Fiveways
Views are being sought on major changes to the A23/A232 at Fiveways Corner.
Working in conjunction with Croydon Council, Transport for London’s proposals aim to improve road safety, create better conditions for pedestrians and cyclists, support growth in Croydon and improve journey time, and would create new public spaces to develop Waddon as a local centre.
A23 Purley Way (Waddon Station bridge)
· Replacing the A23 (Purley Way) bridge at Waddon Station with a wider structure and realigning it to the west of the existing location
· Increasing the number of lanes on the bridge from two to three in both directions
· Introducing cycle lanes in both directions and improving pedestrian footways and crossings
A232 Epsom Road
· Introducing cycle lanes in both directions
· Improving pedestrian access to Waddon Station
· Widening Epsom Road and converting it to two-way traffic
A232 Stafford Road
· Introducing a new bus lane for northbound traffic
· Creating partially inset parking bays on both sides of Stafford Road
A23/A232 Fiveways Corner junction
· Simplifying Fiveways Corner and realigning Denning Avenue
· Improving pedestrian footways and providing simpler crossings
· Introducing new cycle facilities, cycle friendly crossings, and cycle parking
New public spaces
· Creating new places to sit and dwell at Fiveways Corner and on the A23 (Purley Way) Waddon Bridge
· Planting of mature trees and new green spaces
For more details and to comment visit www.tfl.gov.uk/fiveways-croydon.
The consultation is now open and runs until Monday 18 September 2017.