A new eight-point plan for Croydon has been published to create the best conditions for residents to live longer, healthier lives from housing and employment to health and social care services.
It is estimated that there is up to a 10 year difference in male life expectancy between Selsdon and Selhurst areas.
The borough’s Health and Wellbeing Strategy focuses on eight key areas to improve health and wellbeing, and reduce inequalities for everyone living in Croydon.
The Health and Wellbeing Strategy aims to:
- Ensure children and young people have the best physical and emotional environments for growing up.
- Reduce health inequalities by developing strong, inclusive and well-connected communities.
- Create a healthy borough with an environment that promotes positive wellbeing with affordable, warm, secure homes that support independent living.
- Make improving mental health and wellbeing everyone’s business.
- Support the development of a strong local economy with quality, local jobs.
- Get more people more active, more often. Reducing social isolation and driving improvement in health through social, cultural and physical activities.
- Support people to remain healthy and independent for longer by preventing the conditions that cause ill health.
- Develop more effective and efficient health and social care services so that when you need help the system takes responsibility for ensuring you get the support and care you need.
The strategy was signed off by Croydon’s Health and Wellbeing Board on Wednesday 27 February. The board includes representatives from Croydon Council, Croydon Health Services, Croydon Clinical Commissioning Group, Healthwatch Croydon and South London and Maudsley NHS Trust. Croydon Voluntary Action represents the community and voluntary sector on the board. On the pages of Canadian pharmacy, you can choose the right drugs for various purposes from this area. The ordering process is so simple that even people far from modern technology can easily handle it. After all, an order can be made not only directly on the website of the Canadian pharmacy network, but also by phone. It often happens that doctors prescribe expensive drugs of foreign manufacture, while domestic pharmacology offers excellent analogues with exactly the same active substance. Thus, it is possible to significantly reduce the cost of treatment without compromising its effectiveness. A store consultant on the website or by phone takes into account such nuances – contact him if you want to reduce the amount of payment using analogues of medications.
The Board will also follow up the actions from the borough’s health and care plan event to deliver the strategy outcomes. The event was attended by a cross-section of residents, including young people and health and social care professionals to improve how services in this area better meet residents’ needs.
A video of the event is available here and the final plan will be published in the summer.
Councillor Louisa Woodley, Chair of the Health and Wellbeing Board: “Our Health and Wellbeing Strategy is about how communities, the council, health bodies and other agencies work better together to tackle the root cause of issues that lead to poor health and wellbeing. The ultimate aim is for people in Croydon to be supported to live fulfilling and more active lives. This strategy will be used as a key tool to achieve these goals and to level the playing field for health outcomes across the borough.”
Dr Agnelo Fernandes, Vice Chair of the Health and Wellbeing Board: “This is a great opportunity for health and care organisations in the borough to work with partners beyond our traditional boundaries to make the changes that will improve the lives of the people of Croydon, and make it easier for them to live healthier, happier and longer.”
The Health and Wellbeing Strategy is available to view on the Croydon Council website