Proposed extension to the Coulsdon free parking zone
THE CROYDON (COULSDON) (FREE PARKING PLACES) (NO. 1) TRAFFIC ORDER 2016
SOUTHWOOD AVENUE, COULSDON
THE CROYDON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (NO.7) TRAFFIC ORDER, 2016
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Croydon Council on 25 July 2016 made the above Traffic Orders under Sections 6 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the Orders will be to:-
(a) extend the existing one hour Coulsdon free Controlled Parking Zone to introduce additional parking bays in Southwood Avenue. The free parking bays would be implemented at the locations specified in the Schedule to this Notice;
(b) introduce a one-hour 11 am – 12 noon, Monday to Friday, waiting restriction outside of the bay areas;
(c) introduce a one-hour 11 am – 12 noon, Monday to Friday, waiting restriction in Bramley Avenue for a distance of 5 metres either side of the junction with Southwood Avenue.
3. Copies of the Orders which will come into operation on 08 August 2016 and of all associated Orders can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, at the “Access Croydon” Facility, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon, CR0 1EA.
4. Copies of the Orders may be obtained from the Parking Design Team, 6th Floor, Zone C, Bernard Wetherill House, 8 Mint Walk, Croydon CR0 1EA.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the ground that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act, 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or of any relevant regulations made there under have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks of the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated this 27 July 2016.
Mike Barton, Highway Improvement Manager
South-west side – outside Nos. 1, 3, 11, 17, and 25 (5 bays)
North-east side – outside Nos. 6, 10, 14, 16, 22 and 24 (6 bays).